Friday, September 2, 2011

Rivera's game winning pitch!

I can count on few things to give me true joy, no matter what kind of day I am having. My girls laughter, a kiss from my love, maa's yummy food, a beautiful love song, visit from friends and family, listening to the sound of the waves and watching Mariano Rivera strike out a batter with bases loded for the third and final out!

It really is a joy to watch Rivera pitch. He is my favorite player, the best closer. I really admire him for having awesome composure. Only if I could perform like him. I have always wondered what makes certain players better than others. All the players who make it to the major league must have natural talent. All of them must practice a lot, have amazing hand eye coordination and focusing capability so strong that fifty thousand people screaming at top of their lungs can not affect it. yet, few of them shine brighter than others.

I may not know the names of the players of all the teams and their statistics like my husband does but I do love the game of baseball. It makes my day when my girls jump up and down while screaming, "the Yankees won".

We do not know any of the players personally but we are so happy when they win, it is as though we have won. Imagine, if we could all feel the same level of happiness for each other when we succeed in life. People have easier time showing genuine emotion when a person is suffering than if a person was celebrating. Is it because we feel that there are only limited number of happy moments and unlimited number of unhappy moments exist in the universe? There are numerous philosophies and books availble explaining the concept of abundance in the world or the universe, then why do we not want to accept this and act accordingly? If we could accept it, we would be able to live in happier and more peaceful society.

"Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied".
Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment