Wednesday, September 28, 2011

goodbye uncle...


My best friend had written this following message to me few days ago.

 "I am sitting at the hospital the nurses are changing my dad. He is hanging in there with every part of his being. I am holding the same hands that have guided me from birth and I think about how much I love this man, my father. I tell him it's ok now, were all ok at the same time I want to scream, get up dad let's go home... I love my father, I pray and ask for forgiveness if I upset him and you know I did that! I smile he always said my boys were easy but you... I hope he forgives that immature girl. I hope he knows how much I love him, how I want to hold his hand and never let go . I pray for my father, and when the time comes I know god will hold out his arms and wrap him in love. He will be with his mother and father and I will be without mine.  Anyway, we made it to Friday. We cry our selfish tears  To keep him prisoner in his painful body. I want him to be pain free and not hurt or be poked for the hundredth time  I sit and pray and then I wait to see how this will all play out."


 Her dad passed away on Monday.  He was a good man, very kind and loving.  I remember how touched I was when he had chosen me to be his dentist over his daughter.  He was a man of few words.  I will always remember his "you girls" response to everything he did not approve of.  May he rest in peace.


The tree sheds its leaves in winter so it can start afresh next year, you must also shed the old to begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment