Tuesday, September 6, 2011

monkey face

Whether because of destiny or randomness of events, we encounter wide variety of people over time. A wise person may say that they come into our lives to teach us different lessons. For example, a bully may teach us to stand up for ourself.

A person like me, who likes her freedom, does not enjoy forceful lessons. I get lucky and get repeat performances by similar personality types. My most frequent visitors are the pushy, "I know it all" type. In the beginning, I do not say anything out of niceness. But the inch I give turns into a yard and, the freedom that I love, ends up being in jeopardy. The pushy type feels that their way is the only way. And, I feel that no one should take my right to choose away. This turns into a struggle and both, the teacher and the student forget about the lesson.

Because, I have lived with the pain for a long time, I have met many people who know exactly how to take my pain away. Most of them are not doctors. But, I always try their methods and end up being in more pain. I think that they come to teach me to use common sense. So far, I have only learned that common sense is not that common.

In my husband's case, he attracts the type of people who would say anything to get their way. Lying comes as a second nature to this genera of people. I think that he gets these visitors to teach him that everyone is not as nice as he is and that he should not be so eager to give everyone an opportunity to walk all over him. Recently, someone made a false statement to get some money out of him. He was so upset about the comment that he forgot to pay attention to the fact that the false claim was the only way to get money. He is a people pleaser and can not live with a negative comment even if it is not true. I could not resist the temptation to be a life teacher. I told him that if a person says that you are a monkey, neither do you become a monkey nor should you believe that you are a monkey. So, why be bothered by this person's comments.

Not all the teachers drive me crazy, many have taught me very important lessons of life for example, how important it is to forgive, to love unconditionally, to be a big hearted person, and to be available for the unexpected magical moments of life. I thank all my teachers from bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment