Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11/01

9/11, ten years have gone by but the memory of the twin towers coming down still breaks my heart and brings tears to my eyes. One hateful act of terrorism that day, changed New York city, the USA, the World and us forever.

One act which was born in the heart of people who were full of hatred, cowardliness and selfishness. But, the people of New York showed the world what courage and selfless love looks like. Those brave people showed us how to get up and stand again after such a devastating fall. In day to day life, we lead a very individualistic life style. The brave men and women of the emergency response units showed us that if a need ever arises how we come together and risk our lives for the sake of others.

New York City is one of my most favorite places on the planet earth. I love how the city never sleeps. I am so glad that the people of New York City did not allow this act of terrorism to take their spirit away. My prayers go out to all those men and women who lost their lives on that fateful day and their families. God bless America.

"Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow." -Dan Rather

No comments:

Post a Comment