Thursday, August 25, 2011

pain pain go away

Like a normal person I want to be pain free. So I tried things that most sane people do like epidural shots, physical therapy, surgery and acupuncture etc. But every so often, I think that I used to loose my mind from the constant pain. I would get so frustrated with pain and also with failure of regular methods that I would try, let just say, unorthodox methods for making my pain disappear.

One of the most interesting things that I have tried so far is giving up buying any leather goods for a year.  It would not have been so painful if I absolutely did not love love buying shoes, bags, belts etc.  The thought of going through the whole summer without buying sandals is not pleasant for me.  I do have a confession to make. I had become a firm believer of retail therapy. It only gave me joy for a short time but I did not care. I was happy to feel any joy by any means it was available to me.  That is why, I think that my husband had called this astrologer ahead of time. After just talking to me for two minutes, he proceeded to tell me this unthinkable restriction.  By this time, I had been struggling with my pain for so long that I jumped at the idea.  I am very much skeptical about this advice because I am still in pain.

So far, I have met many people with interesting skills.  The one that made my husband irritated the most was the psychics, and boy have I seen my share of psychics and healers, and I have wasted a ton of money buying their advised paraphernalia.  After a while he started saying, why don't you just pay me and I'll tell you your future. I would tell my husband, that think of this as my entertainment, then you wont be so mad.  They all gave me a different deadline for the pain to leave me.  I still wish that at least one of them was right.

Unfortunately for him, he had to give me company on my adventures because he was my driver.  One thing he was on board with me was past life regression therapy.  He never tried it himself but he found it very fascinating to watch me talk about my past lives under hypnosis. On a side note, I think that he wanted to make sure that the fiasco I was going through in this lifetime was not a regular event.  I traveled through many life times and I was many different characters.  In one of those life times, I was a princess in Ireland and in a battle I was stabbed with sword into my back.  According to the therapist, I had carried that pain into this life.  I was supposed to go to the therapist again to be able to let go of that pain, but my pain got so bad that I  ended up getting a procedure done.  Due to my painful recovery, I forgot about it.  Now as I am writing about it, I am wondering if I should pay her a visit.

I was doing all this when I was fighting the idea of having another type of debilitating pain for life.  I was fighting the idea of this extra back pain tooth and nail.  I did not want to increases my limitations.  I still wanted to fly and make my dreams come true.  This mental struggle with my physical pain was wearing me down.  I had started to feel hopeless about my life again.  One day, this wise man told me to try to stop fighting this pain mentally and just surrender to it.  It is what it is.  This new philosophy is very technique sensitive, because every time I move I am in pain.  But I am giving my all to live this philosophy of the ages.  

No comments:

Post a Comment