Tuesday, October 25, 2011

diwali!!!!

Happy Diwali to everyone.  I wish that the light in our hearts always guide us to joy and happiness.  I pray that each lamp we light this year, removes ignorance and hatred from our minds.  Each lamp we light  shows us the beauty of human heart and soul.

I love this festival of light.  It always reminds me when we decide to light lamps together, there is no darkness that can not be taken away.  If we all choose to light the lamps of love and forgiveness in our hearts, we can all come out of darkness of despair and loneliness.  On Diwali, we choose to light the lamps to remove the darkness outside so we can welcome goddess Lakshmi to bring us joy and prosperity for next year.  Why not light the lamps of knowledge and love in our hearts so we can truly be one with this beautiful world.

Every year, I buy gifts for my kids.  It gives me joy to see their excitement.  But, somewhere in my heart, I am always wondering if I will ever be able to make them see that true celebration of Diwali is much deeper than just lighting the lamps and exchanging sweets and gifts.  I pray to God that one day I can help them light the lamps of love in their hearts, for everything in this beautiful creation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment